Some days ago I realised that, after having created a Cube reader role and after having granted read access on the cubes, the some data was not still available and the cells showed a #N/A message under particular conditions. The problem arose when the user dragged a measure (any) to the center of the table and then a dimension (any) to the filter area, and then used the filter to select everything but a single dimension value.
If the filter was not showed or not used (selected everything) the measure was display correctly, but if a single dimension value was excluded from the calculation, the #N/A message appeared.
I immediately thought of this problem as a lack of rights on the cube, so I started to browse through the properties for the Cube reader role. In particular, I changed the cube to allow Drillthrough access and then Drillthrough and local cube access, but none of them solved the problem.
After doing some research I found Analysis Services / Cell Level Security - Null Measures and Read Access where Dan Meyers pointed me in the right direction: On the Cell Data tab, we had set (enabled) the checkbox for Enable read permissions for every cube, and Allow reading of cube content field was set to:
[Measures]According Dan's information, we just disabled Enable read permissions checkbox for every cube and everything worked as expected.